Monday, September 8, 2008

swarthmore deux

-the people are not as intimidating as I thought they'd be. in fact, many of them are really immature.

-the answer to the question that everyone asks: religion and the human experience, intro to linguistics, intensive french, close reading and its discontents.

-I still don't see how I'll be able to make better friends here than I already have at home.

-partying with people who aren't really your friends isn't that fun for me. most of my classmates seem to be really enjoying it, though.

-I feel much more comfortable here than I thought.

-I've developed a core group of friends who all remind me of our friends at home: there is a julia type... a... a... well, maybe there's only a julia type. okay, so they're all very different from our friends. the boys: a reader, a southern classics scholar, a clean-looking philosophy guy. the girls: a jen gong/jackie slocombe hybrid, a girl with julia's hair and teeth, a southern belle, a dark-haired twin.

No comments: