Sunday, December 2, 2007

Auspicious Beginnnings

BLOG- an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page
BLISTER- a thin vesicle on the skin, containing watery matter or serum, as from a burn or other injury

THE BLOGBLISTER- An online diary of the skin, containing a chronological log of watery matter or serum, as published on a Web page or other injury.

BLOGBLISTER
BLOGBLISTER

BLOGBLISTER

Anyway, the beginning of this blog coincides with the best news I've gotten since that one day last year when it wasn't fifty degrees out all winter:

TOMORROW MIGHT BE A SNOWDAY.

I'm already feeling that snowday magic. Except it's magnified because I don't have any homework. The sky was so heavy all day, which added to my mounting excitement. I went for a solo run right as it was getting dark, and the ground was lightly dusted with snow. No one was out; no cars, no animals. Everything was muted and dim. Shut down. Snowday.

If tomorrow isn't a snowday, I don't know what I'll do. There isn't any worse feeling than being wrong about a snowday. Calling the school cancellation hotline and hearing Jere Hochman say, "Good morning. Today is Monday, December 3rd. All schools in Amherst, Pelham and the region are open today" is the ultimate downer.

BLOGBLISTER

BLOGBLISTER
BLOGBLISTER

I only have one thing to say about our blog that Liam didn't:

Blisters suck. I hate blisters. I used to get them all the time, on the back of my heels. Twice I got blisters the size of quarters, and they ripped off. I couldn't wear shoes with backs for a week. I still have scars on my feet from those two blisters. I'm not sure what that means for our blog, but I just thought it was worth mentioning.

I can't focus tonight because of the impending possibility of the snowday. It's really all-consuming at this point. More later.

-Bootsie (haha)

No comments: