Saturday, December 8, 2007

Missouri?

Back from my Blogblister hiatus. The homework I never did swallowed me whole, and there was no Internet connection in its dark little stomach.

Anyway, back to Jere Hochman. Fact: Before he moved to Amherst in 2003, Jere Hochman had lived in St. Louis for his whole life. He lived in one spot for 50 years. He even went to college in St. Louis. I wonder if he had visited many other states before he came here, or if Missouri was just it. I wonder if Amherst freaks him out.

It's strange that the school district imported such a localized Midwesterner to run the show here. It's not bad; it just surprises me. For some reason, I don't think of Amherst as a place where native Missourians, or any Midwesterners, live. Cambodians, yes. Puerto Ricans, absolutely. Missourians?

Now that I think about it, my next door neighbors are from St. Louis. Well, forget that. I'm too bored to write. Don't read this.

Bootsie

No comments: